Monday, December 31, 2012

2013: Here and Now

Wow, has it really been six months since my last post? Woops. Well, I always write on the last day of the year... so here it goes!

I'm not really sure what my resolution is yet... but I know this is the year for beauty and grace. It's the year to bloom where you are planted. In the words of Teddy Roosevelt, "Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." If you're waiting for a sign, this is it! The time is now. Earlier this month I posted this Facebook: You might have noticed that taking things "one day at a time" is actually our only option. So be here. Be now. Live in the moment. Change your "have to's" to "get to's". Choose happiness.

I'm a big fan of Rob Brezsny's Free Will Astrology Horoscopes, and this was my horoscope for this week which I LOVE: "In 2013, I pledge to help you bring only the highest-quality influences and self-responsible people into your life. Together we will work to dispel any unconscious attraction you might have to demoralizing chaos or pathological melodrama. We will furthermore strive to ensure that as you deepen and fine-tune your self-discipline, it will not be motivated by self-denial or obsessive control-freak tendencies. Rather, it will be an act of love that you engage in so as to intensify your ability to express yourself freely and beautifully."

This past year felt like a huge game of Hide and Seek with myself. But I'm ok with that. In A Director Prepares Anne Bogart says we should allow ourselves to go off balance. "Art begins in the struggle for equilibrium." And if anything, this year has proved that. 2012 was my year of making. Looking at the post I wrote exactly a year ago, I resolved to make: things happen, art, choices, mistakes, changes, work, opportunities, and my own happiness. And I think I did a pretty good job!

2012
- Started a theatre company, Off the Grid.
- OTG put up 4 of my short plays in a reading--Fox Tales.
- The Company Company put up my short Wartime Trilogy as part of their annual summer New Play Project.
- Interned at Boston Playwrights' Theatre over the summer, worked my first BTM, and met some super people.
- Got to make my BoCo debut as Guildenstern in Rosencrantz and Guildenstern Are Dead.
- Started my Junior year at BoCo. Woo!
- Held two Friday Night Living Room Play Readings.
- Got a cool gig blogging for TheaterMania! Click the link to read my posts for them. (This is a huge reason why I haven't written on The Playground in a while).
- Assistant directed Way of the World on the BoCo mainstage.
- Saw A LOT of great theatre.
- Turned 21!!!

Those were kinda the big things. I also laughed a lot, loved, wrote, read, sang, danced, photographed, philosophized, painted, dreamed, worked, slept, smiled...

And now I'm here in Boston, getting ready to ring in the New Year at ART's Donkey Show with some lovely people. It's my first NYE away from my family in Miami (growing up is so weird), but it's also my first NYE being 21! (Uh Oh)

I've got some fun things planned for the first few months of 2013...
- Stage managing a cool show that goes up at BPT in like a week and a half.
- OTG is producing Dog Sees God and I'm playing Van's Sister in February!
- Going to meet up with my mom and sister for spring break in NYC in March.
- I'm in I Love You, Because at BoCo, which goes up early April.
- OTG is producing a brand new musical Not! Dead! that I'm directing late April.
- And at some point in the midsts of all this I'm writing a new full length play as part of my independent study this semester, and there will be a reading of that!

I'm very grateful to be living the life I want. And none of this would be possible without the love and support from my family, mentors, teachers, close friends, and class of '14. Thanks, guys.

Wishing you a happy and healthy new year!

1 comments:

Pocha huntas December 23, 2013 at 12:20 AM  

http://playgroundofdoom.blogspot.com/2013/07/dumpster-diving-echo-bridge-horror.html?showComment=1387775983287#c3288426619515887743

Labels

animals (4) art (18) birthday (9) broadway (5) carbonell awards (4) film (17) florida (9) food (4) ginny mcdougal (10) holidays (20) journaling (125) movies (12) music (19) nwsa (48) photos (87) poetry (6) politics (8) religion (8) review (41) sandbox (13) spotlight (23) television (17) theatre (153) thespians (8) videos (46) volunteer (1)

  © Blogger templates Brooklyn by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP